– Not so many Spaniards are connected through cell phones (68% haven’t got smartphones). Compared with Brits (81%), it gives us an idea of the potential growth of the market.
– But we assume a cost a fee of 16€/month, being much less price sensitives that our neighbours (specially France).
– A lot of people have Iphones (UK 35% vs 26% of smartphones; Spain 14% vs 17% Iphones). Iphone’s 2 year fixed contract with Movistar may be the issue.
– Spaniards are the most social addicted to Social Media (63% to 1 or more platforms).
– In holidays the cell phone is the best option to stay connected (usb modem the worst).
In my opinion, the spanish mass-market is still preparing for internet mobile connection and that is why telecommunication companies benefit from early adopters paying expensive fees. Probably in 1 – 1’5 years the connection rates will be lower and connected users much higher.
Quick conclusion: somebody kill Movistar.